On Monday November 7, I went to what would be my last ob appointment. At that appointment, I asked about induction. Why? Because I was miserable. Baby M's head was pushing so hard on my pelvis that I couldn't walk. Baby was pushing on my whole tummy so I couldn't lay or sit. I couldn't move. I WAS MISERABLE. My PA went and checked the schedule, and said I could be induced on Tuesday morning if I wanted. YES I DID! :)...
So Tuesday November 8, at 7:00 am, I checked into Mercy Hospital. We filled out paperwork and got situated in our room. Then Dr Ferrer came in and checked me. He said that I wasn't thin enough to start the induction process so he suggested cervidel (sp?). This was inserted at 8:40am. I was told that I could not move for 2 hours and that this had to be left in for 12 hours. After it was removed, I waited an hour and then we would start pitcoin. I waited my 2 hours and then got up to pee and such. I pretty much stayed in bed while having some contractions. At about 4pm, I asked for some tylenol as the contractions were getting uncomfortable. At about 4:15....MY WATER BROKE ON IT'S OWN!! YAY!!! So the nurse came in and pulled the cervidel out. From there I started having some pretty intense (HA.) contractions, so I asked for more pain meds. We waited about an hour before starting pitcoin. At close to 6ish we started pitocin and at that point, back labor kicked in. I used my coaches (my husband and my mom) for breathing techniques. They brought in stronger pain meds. At one point, I started throwing up just as family walked in. That is when I decided I wanted an epidural. I couldn't take the pain. I was in and out of consciousness because the back labor was soo bad. I couldn't think straight. They then put in the epidural around 8pm(?). It was very spotty. I was still hard core feeling contractions on my left side. So they brought in another stronger dose of the epidural. By midnight I was just about completed dilated. By 1230, it was time to start pushing. The nurse called the dr and said, you can start making your way up cuz she's gonna start pushing. About the time I really start pushing, I got sick YET AGAIN! My mom and husband pulled me to a sitting position...and guess what? Projectile vomiting, at the nurse, all the way across the room!. They kept having me roll from left side to center to right side to center to try to work baby out. My contractions were coming two back to back with a min or so in between sets. I would push 3 times the first contraction and then breathe through the second. I was miserable. About the time I thought I couldn't do it anymore, the nurse grabbed my hand and said "Don't give up, this is what you're doing". I reached down and could feel my baby's head. The hair, the goop, the slime. MY BABY. At that point, the baby became my focal point. I would talk to him or her and say, Mommy can't do this by herself, you gotta help me out. At about this time, the nurse tried calling the doctor again because she had me ready and perfect for him to come in. All it would have taken is a couple more pushes...but then....I started feeling sick. my mom turned me to my right side....and I started throwing up...the nurse started yelling at me to stop pushing....but all of a sudden...I felt the pressure of the head...and the body slip right out...and the nurse yelling for my husband to get help and asking my mom to help her. My husband took off and at that point the nurse and my mom had unwrapped the umbilical cord from my baby's shoulders and put her on my chest....all I could do was cry and scream..."my baby..my baby...my baby..."...but then wait..."wait! is it a boy or girl!???!!"...my mom moved my hands, and said jess it's a girl..it's a baby girl..."...by that time my husband was back and I was crying "baby, it's a girl..it's our Madalyn Rae..!! my baby girl!". The doctor came in and asked "do we have a baby?" They all said yes and started laughing....He began to stitch me up and that took about an hour because I had basically filleted myself. The nurse asked him how many stitches...his reply? "I don't know, I stopped counting". ....After he was done, he hugged bill and I and told us we are an amazing couple and we will be amazing parents. He shook hands with my family and that's where this story ends. This is my first baby story.
It was hard. It hurt. But in the end..it was all worth it. every painful minute. She was worth it. I would go through it all again...twice just to have the experience. I love my daughter and this is her story :) <3
No comments:
Post a Comment