So the last few months have been absolutely crazy for me. The day I found out we were pregnant, my life changed. I knew it would, but I figured it would all be good change, and for the most part, it was. Except for a few minor details.
We started our plan on how we would tell certain people, and when we would tell them. We were so excited to share our news, we could hardly contain ourselves! We told immediately family first, and then spread the word from there. Next came our friends.
We told our friends seperately, mostly through txt, that said OMG WE'RE EXPECTING! and we got the congrats, can't wait, and omg--in replies. Except for one person. I had called her and all we got was, "oh, that's good". From that day forward my friendship with who I thought was an important part of my life, changed drastically. I was heartbroken that I didn't get more support, but I left well enough alone. We then moved into our new home, and continued with our life. When I lost my job, I did get a call from this person, but not to ask how things were going, but again to talk about herself. I ignored it. Then, the conversation that changed everything.
Another set of our friends became pregnant shortly after we did. We were and still are, so excited for them. They are the most down to earth, most deserving, and most understanding people we know. SO anyway, they posted something about seeing their baby (at like 7 weeks) and those of us who know, know they were talking about an internal ultrasound. This same girl (from above) made a comment that she read that those ultrasounds were bad, and that it can cause damage to the fetus. All us new moms, freaked. I called my mom crying, and we got to the bottom of this. Of course we asked where she got her info, but she never answered. That put a wedge. Then there was a huge blow out fight between the couple that was preggers and her. She told them "they must be ashamed of what they had done". Whose business is it anyway? That made me so very mad. BUT I kept quiet.She then told us we were all attacking her, and deleted us all off facebook. I know it's just facebook, but that hurt, because I had done nothing.
She emailed me and said we needed to keep our friendship seperate from the other couples. I said fine. I wasn't going to play those games, so I haven't talked since. She came by for my graduation party and that was the last time I heard from her. Recently, her husband txt me and asked how things were going. I was polite without giving or asking too much. I wasn't sure if it was him, or her pushing him to txt, but I answered as best as I could. Supposedly, even more recently, she saw his txts to me, and said "why are you talking to THEM". Like we're some sort of disease. From my understanding, she is telling everyone is all our fault and we stopped talking to her. That might be true, but she won't try and understand why.
SO here's what I would like to say, and never will because the last 2 months have been so stressful, but yet not, cuz I haven't had to deal with the drama.
Dear person,
The thing you don't get is this. One, your husband txt me. Therefore, he knows you f***ed up, and didn't want you to know he had been txting me. Obviously. Two. You're psycho right now. You don't care about anything but yourself and you always fault other people. Also, you have VERY sucky friends. You tell your deepest secrets to them, and you talk shit about me, and guess what? IT ALWAYS COMES BACK TO ME! Watch yourself, cuz Karma's a bitch.
Love,
Me.
To top all of this off, you would think, that having one UNSUPPORTIVE friend would be bad enough, but NO, I have two!
The other gal, is so wrapped up in her own life being so much better than anyone else's, she has refused to speak to me since I announced on Mother's Day that I was pregnant as well. It's just ridiculous.
With all of this being said, do I miss this people? No. I miss what used to be. ESPECIALLY because these two girls, were supposed to be VERY important people in my life. This whole thing has made me a stronger person. It has made me callous to bs. It has made me appreciate other people who don't walk all over me and don't bring drama. I have my husband, who is the most important person in my life, and my unborn child to think about. I don't NEED anyone else. I want supportive and understanding people in my life, and if that can't be them, it's time to move on. As my title says, there are things in this post I wish both girls could see, that I wish they could understand, that I would never tell them, only because, I don't want to deal with the bs that will follow. The blame game, the misunderstanding, my apologies. I'm not that girl anymore. And if that's what you want. Too bad.
I love my life. If you're not in it, sucks to be you, but obviously I'm better off without you :) <3
just wanna say "WOW"
ReplyDeletewow as in good or bad? to what I wrote? or the situation?
ReplyDelete