Saturday, July 24, 2010

Wedding Planning

So, now that I am done with my other job, I think I can get a start on wedding planning again. I think I am going to start working on getting the invites out and I would like to get started on a few other things. 
As I am going through things and I try and figure out what things I want and don't want, I come across A LOT of wedding blogs, sites, and forums. The things other brides say about wedding ideas that aren't their own. WOW! Now, here's the thing, I am a "diy" type of girl and I love the idea of personalizing my wedding by doing it that way. I do a lot of research on things before I make up my mind completely and I change ideas frequently. But when I come across an idea or tradition that I think is ..uh.. not me....I don't trash talk it, I don't stew over it, and I am not rude about it. I think about it, decide it's not for me....and MOVE ON. But there are some brides who do otherwise. While some of the things I might agree with, and I might find humorous, I would never say that to the person and I would never trash talk it! The only thing I am going to show on this blog, is the brides that are trash talking other brides ideas and traditions. I am not going to comment on them, and if the bother you, they probably do me as well, hence why I am posting them here in the first place :)...
These are just a list of the things I found that if one bride likes, another thinks is horrible tacky, or useless, or worthless, or stupid, or ...whatever

1.  Plastic Tablecloths
2. Dollar Dance
3. Garter toss/Bouquet toss
4. Guests wearing white to the  wedding
5. Photo Booth
6. Wearing flip flops
7. Having bm wear the same shoes and/or dresses and/or hairstyle
8. Having bm wear different shoes and/or dresses and/or hairstyle
9. Honeymoon fund
10. Having a registry
11. Not having a registry
12. Not having a full meal at the reception
13. Not having alcohol
14. Not having an open bar
15. Having your initials on things at the wedding or reception
16. Having a second dress for the reception
17. Staying in your wedding dress for the reception and taking your shoes off
18. Linking arms during the toast
19. Pushing cake into your new spouses face during cake cutting ( I happen to agree this is rude and this is the ONLY one that I have such an opinion on, that it will be loud and clear to anyone who says anything lol)
20. Having a videographer or not having a videographer
21. Spending a ton of money on flowers, or food, or decorations, or photography (or not spending enough money on these things)
22. Thinking everything has to go perfect to the point if one minor thing falls apart, you're a mess
23. It's a bad thing to leave goody bags for out of town guests, but it's tacky not to

Anyway, this is just a small list I have come across. Yes, these are ridiculous. It's your wedding, do what you want. If other people think it's tacky, so what. At the end of the day, you will still be married (*hopefully lol) and that's that. I am pretty sure this day is a celebration for you and your family and friends about the joining of two people happily in love. If you take away from that by stressing on small things and worrying if your best friends, brothers, aunts, grandma is going to think your pew bows are tacky, then you my friend, are ruining your own day :)
That's all.
<3 From one bride to many others...take it easy and enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. just so you know.
    we had plastic table cloths
    a dollar dance
    a garter/bouquet toss
    i wanted a photobooth .. too much money
    two of my girls wore flip flops that I made them
    my bridesmaids pretty much wore the same dress, same jewerly .. except for prego Tisa
    I wanted everyone in the same shoes but Chris' mom threw a fit!! [that pissed me off, so that made me a bridzilla]
    I wish I would have thought of a honeymoon fund... then maybe we would have had a honeymoon.
    We had a registery .. but because I wanted to make sure I had nice things in my house that we couldn't afford ... I love gifts .. damn .. that's tacky. haha.
    we had an open bar!
    we linked hands during the toast .. i've always wanted to do that since i was little .. give me a break!!
    VIEDOGRAPHER is awesome. I still watch our video!
    fake flowers last longer, and are a good decoration.
    not everything was perfect on our wedding day, but it's not going to be. that's what made it OURS!
    we had tons of different stuff guests could take. candle holders, coozies, candy from the candy table!!

    I hope this made your day. I bet a bride out there thinks my wedding was tacky, but it was MY day and how I wanted it .. in the end that's all that matters!!

    Love you!! =]

    ReplyDelete